Volunteers of America provides shelter, meals and support to 150 homeless men and women at their new Hope for Home shelter in Pomona. OLA has established the 3rd Sunday of every month to support this mission.
If you are interested in assisting with next Sunday’s dinner, simply email a response to me. I will send out a confirmation email to all volunteers before next Sundays’ meal.
The meal specifics are:
- 12 volunteers to provide a lasagna dish for 12-15 homeless guests
- Please deliver in a disposable pan/platter with cover by 5:20 PM
- Anyone interested in staying to serve and clean may do so
- Drive your car into the into the gates, and security will direct you on where to park
- Ask security for the main entrance and sign in
- It is recommended that children under the age of 13 not attend
If you would like to drop off your dish at OLA, I will collect them by the old convent building at 5:00 PM.
The address to the Hope for Home Shelter is:
1400 E. Mission Boulevard
Directions to the Hope for Home Shelter from OLA:
Go east Bonita Avenue toward Indian Hill Boulevard and turn right
Travel 2.3 miles to Holt Avenue and turn right
Travel 2 blocks and turn let onto East End Avenue
Travel .5 miles and turn right onto Mission Boulevard and proceed to facility on your left
Thank you to all of you who have volunteered, continue to volunteer and those considering! Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions.