Guidelines for promotion
After your calendar dates have been approved, you may request the parish communication network to promote your event or program. It is important to contact parish staff well in advance. They will be happy to assist you and accommodate your needs in light of the parish calendar, promotional space available, and other considerations that may arise.
- To access the parish communications network, please complete the OLA Events Form may be found on the parish website under “Bulletin.” OLA Event Form
- The completed form will be forwarded to our new Communications Coordinator, Hazell Castañeda, who may be contacted directly at (909) 626-3596, ext. 4272, or by email at [email protected]
- Since this online form is new, you may seek assistance from Jean McKenna who is helping parish groups make this transition and will be available in the parish office through the summer to answer phone calls or make appointments.
As you make plans to promote your event or group, please consider the following:
- Members of a specific ministry or related ministries
- A specific age group
- The school community
- The entire parish community
- Other Catholic parishes, the local community and beyond
- Do you have deadlines for reservations or the purchase of tickets?
- Are you planning to staff an information table in the auditorium?
- Would you like the information posted in advance on the parish website?
What media will be most effective in reaching your target audience?
- The OLA parish bulletin or bulletins at other parishes
- The Archdiocesan newspaper or email “blasts”
- Local newspapers, including ads, calendar listings, or feature stories
- Photo displays on the patio, posters
- The parish website and social media, including photos, video, and links
- The bulletin deadline is no later than Sunday preceding the weekend of publication;
- The same deadline applies to posters/flyers posted on the OLA campus. An additional week’s lead time is required for communicating to neighboring parishes or local faith communities; and articles for local media and/or Angelus Magazine.
Reserve a weekend ministry table through Katy Salisbury, Calendar Coordinator. It is recommended that you submit your reservations for a table in the auditorium along with your facilities requests for the coming year. At other times, the deadline for reserving a weekend ministry table is no later than Monday prior to the date requested. Verbal or e-mail confirmation by Katy Salisbury is required to ensure space authorization. It is recommended that requests for space be made as early as possible. All groups at weekend tables will be announced at Mass.