Ongoing need for grocery donations:
Deacon John Tullius (formerly of OLA) has put out a call for donations to the food pantry at St. Madeleine's in Pomona, serving about 100 families in need.
- Drop off at OLA parish office
Questions? Deacon John Tillius, (909) 576-6275
- Items needed:
bags of rice
bags of dry beans
any other canned goods
boxed, canned or plastic contained non-refrigerated drinks
An excellent Emergency Outreach Ministry sprang up at OLA thanks to the inspiration of Loretta Bowen. OLA volunteers are reaching out to our parishioners, asking if they need assistance in running errands or securing groceries, due to the public directive to stay home.
- Neomi Torres directed the parish office to compile a list of any registered parishioner who was over the age of 70. We extracted their names and phone numbers onto a Google Spreadsheet; approximately 842 Parishioners were to be called.
- The spreadsheet was divided up into groups of 20 parishioners, and assigned to volunteers from the Fellowship of Catholic Christian Women (FCCW). Coordinators were Lorreta Bowen, Neomi Torres at the OLA office, and Lynne Stella of OLA Bereavement Ministry,
- As a result, many parishioners were comforted by these calls and assured that OLA was indeed thinking and praying for them.
- To date, about six to ten couples took up the offer for our volunteers to go out and help parishioners in need secure groceries. We have about a half-dozen parishioners (of the appropriate age group!) who have assisted in this way.
- Follow-up calls have been made on a regular basis to check in again to be certain all is well.
- If you know of anyone (parishioner or not) who needs assistance or would be willing to help people in need, please Email Dcn Jim Allgaier or call (909) 736-7678 (or 909-626-3596 ext 4216). He and Loretta Bowen will coordinate our response.